Originally published at: https://claremontmakerspace.org/2020/03/21/how-you-can-help/
Makers, In this difficult time you can put your skills, time and energy to use helping the community get through this.
- Sew Face Masks: Supplies of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for healthcare workers are being seriously strained. As the COVID-19 case count increases, this will become an ever increasing problem. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center is asking for donations of home made fabric face masks. You can help right now by donating your time and skills. More information is available here on the Dartmouth-Hitchcock website.
Help crowdsource Repair Information for Hospital Equipment: iFixit is building a central resource for maintenance and repair of hospital equipment. This is an attempt to centralize all the documentation and resources necessary to keep these life saving machines operating and to help the biomedical technicians who service them working as efficiently as possible when machines need repair.
- Digital Fabricators (3D printers, CNC plasma torch operators, CNC router operators): There’s a need for 3D printed parts including ventilator valves and reusable face masks as well as other fabricated parts. We are still investigating what specifically hospitals in the region are asking for or will be asking for in the near future and what the best design solutions are. In the meantime, if you are interested in helping, please contact email@example.com who has offered to help coordinate this effort.
Other resources and information:
- If your business is impacted by this crisis, the Upper Valley Business Alliance has information about current resources available for regional businesses.
- if you’re hungry and looking for a place to get takeout, here’s a list from the Upper Valley Business Alliance ofUpper Valley Restaurants that are offering delivery and curbside pickup options.
- The Greater Claremont Chamber of Commerce has a list with information about local businesses, special hours and programs.
Additional Maker resources coming soon:The Claremont MakerSpace will be setting up a website where members of the community can share ideas, designs, materials and support. Look for information on that shortly.
Be healthy and keep makin’
The Claremont MakerSpace Team