Originally published at: CMS Upcoming Events: Claremont MakerSpace Holiday Open House – The Claremont MakerSpace
Greetings Upper Valley Makers:
We have an exciting list of upcoming classes at the Claremont MakerSpace that we think might interest you.
For most classes and events, CMS MEMBERSHIP IS NOT REQUIRED. That said, members receive a discount on registration and there are some classes/events that are for members only (this will be clearly noted in the event description).
Class policies (liability waiver, withdrawal, cancellation, etc.) can be found here.
Instructors: Interested in teaching a class at CMS? Please fill out our Class Proposal Form.
Tours: Want to see what the Claremont MakerSpace is all about? Tours are by appointment only. Contact Us to schedule your tour where you can learn about all the awesome tools that the CMS offers access to, as well as how membership, classes, and studio spaces work.
Events that are currently open for registration.
Bring your electronics projects and supplies and have fun visiting with other Electronics Enthusiasts. Work on your projects in our stocked Electronics and Digital Fabrication Lab. In addition to the MakerSpace’s soldering irons, diagnostic tools, and parts library, there will be some LED soldering kits and soldering irons available for purchase as well.
Hang out, finish your projects, think about future projects, and just enjoy being around other electronics enthusiasts.
Tiffany, the electronics shop lead, will be available to help you set up, find parts, and offer support.
Age requirement: Youth and adult (15 years and older). Under 15 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian partner.
Class Fees: Free for members and $5 for non-members.
Materials Fee: None (LED soldering kits and personal soldering irons are available onsite for purchase
Come see for yourself what all the buzz is about in the beautifully renovated historic Sawtooth Building located right next to the parking garage at 46 Main Street in Claremont, New Hampshire.
The Claremont MakerSpace is a place to make your dreams come true; whether you are looking for the perfect locally made gift, wanting to build your own Adirondack Chairs, make that perfect ring or finish the quilt you’ve been working on!
Studios will be open and skilled craftsmen will be on hand to answer your questions, showcase their work and offer tours of their shops. Get some holiday shopping done while you’re there!
- Woodshop: Wood you believe we have basic woodworking tools, plus a CNC Router, Wood Turning Lathes and more?
- Electronics shop: Resistance is futile – amp things up with tools for small electronics, 3D Printers, a Laser Cutter, and a new trinocular microscope.
- Jewelry studio: Beadware – making jewelry is addictive! We have the tools needed for shaping, texturing, enameling and soldering, finishing your project.
- Metal shop: Weld, do we have a great Metal shop for you! Everything needed for working with metal, cutting, shaping, MIG, TIG and Stick welding, plasma cutting.
- Textiles studio: Weave your way into the textiles studio when you need needles, thread and sewing machines, but we also have a mid arm quilter, a textile dyeing area, a Cricut cutter and an embroidery machine.
The event is FREE. There is plenty of parking next door in the municipal parking garage. Everyone is welcome! Registration is requested.
Come connect with members of the local creative community, learn what the Claremont MakerSpace has to offer and maybe come away with that perfect locally made one of a kind holiday gift created by one of our talented members.